Sober Living by the Sea has grown to an entire network of facilities that treat addiction, dual diagnosis, and eating disorders. Back in 1986, the founder of Sober Living by the Sea definitely was onto something…
Sober Living by the Sea was founded in 1986. At that time, treating addiction for a period of months in a residential setting was practically unheard of. Recognizing that 30 days of addiction treatment rarely built a sufficient foundation for lasting recovery, our founders created Sober Living by the Sea’s extended care program.
While holding true to our original vision and mission, Sober Living by the Sea has made a series of advancements. Sober Living by the Sea was behind a number of other “firsts” in the field of addiction treatment:
• Sober Living by the Sea was the first addiction treatment center to offer a college track, which allows patients to attend college at a university while working on recovery.
• Sober Living by the Sea was the first addiction treatment center to offer a Celebrate Recovery Christian-based drug treatment track for individuals working a recovery program.
In order to provide the full continuum of personalized care to a wide range of patients, we have diversified our services to include a number of specialty programs, including a transitional work program and family program, and four primary care programs:
• The Rose – A primary addiction treatment program for women located on the sand in Newport Beach that specializes in trauma, substance abuse and women’s issues
• The Victorian – An addiction and eating disorder treatment center for women located in a charming Victorian-style home in Newport Beach, California
• The Landing – A primary alcohol and drug rehab center for men located on the sand in Newport Beach that specializes in addiction and men’s issues
• Sunrise Recovery Ranch – A Southern California drug rehab center for both men and women located on a nine-acre ranch in the foothills
Because individuals who come to our network can work through every stage of recovery – including detox, primary care, extended care and outpatient treatment – in one place, they receive seamless clinical care. Our treatment teams work together to ensure a smooth transition through each level of care.
This standard of clinical excellence has earned a number of Sober Living by the Sea’s programs accreditation by CARF, an independent, nonprofit organization with rigorous quality and service standards.
For more information about the history Sober Living by the Sea, call the center at 800-647-0042.